Skip to main content

Return of the Giant


It's been a while, but my return to the world of blogging was inevitable because, if you haven't noticed from my previous posts, I really enjoyed it, however, life has a sneaky way of getting in the way of the things that I enjoy the most sometimes. Take art for example, I used to dedicate every single Sunday to painting, drawing, reading and writing. However getting married, moving into my first home, buying a new car, starting a few new jobs etc. . . Has influenced me to spend my spare time in different ways. Thus, instead of "wasting my time" doing art on Sundays, they were spent doing chores around the house; grocery shopping; planning meals for the week; and ensuring that my magic schedule, that somehow allows me to juggle 3 jobs at once, still made half-sense. 

With that small change, I found myself losing a part of myself that I loved. The artist in me was slowly dying, and it wasn't until I started explaining to a friend of mine, WHY I loved writing so much that I realized that I had stopped! Thankfully Facebook Messages captured that moment of inspiration. This is what I wrote to him: 

"I believe in the power of healing through writing. I am bound to my sacred journal, and pour my soul into it every day to maintain the smile on my face."

He decided to start his own blog, and I congratulated him for doing so. 
After reading it, I wrote the following message to him: 

"Thank you so much for starting the blog, and giving people a peek of what goes down behind the superman scene. It is humbling to read that you too are human (I know it sounds silly) but often when people are motivated by others, they don't think they have problems. They almost see them as "surreal" and you are VERY real."

In order to understand what I mean, I suggest you take a look at his first blog posting.

Alas, re-activating this old blog of mine was partially due to me practicing what I was preaching to my dear friend. . . What makes you more accountable for writing, then a public blog?

Keep your eyes open for more postings from this friendly giant lady, and I thank you for reading about what has inspired my blissful return to the blogging world.

Bye for now! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attention

This post could be considered as my first ´´culture shock´´ experience. In the past, as a shy person, attention has never been something I looked for. However since I couldn´t help but get an abundance of it, eventually, I learned to work with it through humour, smiles and friendliness.  [cartoonstock.com ] For those of you who may not already know this, I am unusually tall for a female, and taller than most men for that matter! An old teacher used to tell me, ´´Feeling weird about your height, will only make other people feel weird about it. Strut, be proud, they will see your beauty if you feel beautiful.´´ Without shoes I stand at 6´3 inches in height. I´ve always been the tallest woman by far in every location, at school, in my neighborhood, and even in my city if you ask me. When I´m in Canada, almost every day I hear the following things: [torontodominicano.com ] Stranger : ´´Wow you are tall!´´ My response : ´´Thank you, I didn’t notice ;)´´  Stranger : ´´Ho

Adventure

My new girl status is finally beginning to wear off, and it seems like most of the employees are warming up to my presence at work. YESSSSSSSSSS ! My job here is strongly related to ecotourism development. Keeping that in mind, and also out of pure curiosity, I always ask if they have an opinion of a location in Ecuador that has mastered their tourism sector. My love for travel makes me happy that each employee that I speak with has their own opinion a location that I simply  must visit in Ecuador. This week Andrés, a tour guide, suggested I visit the city of Baños, (pronounced banios ). Baños is a small city with a population if 18000 people. Located about 7 hours away from Guayaquil, a pillow for the travelling bus is a good idea. Baños is very picturesque and located in the middle of  valley surrounded by the Sierra, and next to the Tungarahua volcano that is 5015 meters tall. The active Volcano allows Baños to have several hydrothermo hotsprings ,or naturally heated outdoor pools t

Danger

Every country has their share of crazy drivers. But here in Guayaquil, saying "just a few" is the understatement of the century. My ears eventually got used to the constant sound of beeping, and people shouting out their car windows, but that isn’t my main issue. Many of the street lights don’t work, and most the ones that do, don’t have a “walk/don’t walk” sign. When crossing the street, whether you believe it’s rightfully your turn to cross the street, you always have to be alert. Many cars don’t follow the rules, and keep driving even when it’s a red light for them. Sometimes, in the center of Guayaquil, there are more than 20 people crossing on both sides at one time, but that doesn’t seem to faze them. They simply keep driving, and people are forced to suddenly stop before them, or run across past them to not get hit. The people don’t have the right of way, and are not “royalty of the road”, as I was taught in Canada. Here in Guayaquil, the cars are in control. I almost